Pearl & Coutts London residential and commercial property jobs
Hello and welcome to the Pearl & Coutts jobs page. Established in 1965 Pearl & Coutts, part of the Structadene Group, is a property company that specialises in commercial and residential property throughout the UK with a focus on London office space and flats to rent in London.
If you are searching for a new opportunity, or a career move within the commercial or residential property sector, then please feel free to browse the positions listed in the departments below and apply for any role that interests you by sending us your CV.
- Commercial Lettings
Assistant Lettings Negotiator
This role is to assist the Senior Lettings Negotiator. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Visiting the portfolio (throughout the UK)
- Conducting viewings
- Specifying requirements for works
- Drafting licences and Tenancy At Will agreements
- Preparation of Heads of Terms
- Instructing and liaising with solicitors
- Marketing of void/ vacating units
- Ensuring property particulars and marketing is in place
- Maintaining a void property register.
- Recommendations to the property manager for works to common areas
Strong administrative and organisational skills are a must and commercial property experience essential.
To apply, please email CV with covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Lettings Negotiator
- Commercial Property Management
Facilities Management Role – Islington Office.
- Pearl & Coutts is part of the Structadene Group – a private investment company with over 1,300 properties under in-house management.
- This position is to be part of that in-house property management team, currently consisting of 20 people – all based at our 9 White Lion Street, Islington head office.
- To deliver an appropriate property and facilities service to Pearl & Coutts and their tenants and customers in accordance with best industry practice, the contract terms and statutory requirements.
- To manage on-site building managers and staff in the delivery of the facilities management service.
- To work as part of the Commercial Property Management team, working alongside both the accounting, letting team and legal team members.
- To attend client, contractor and tenants meetings in connection with all aspects of the day to day property management role
Day to Day Duties
- To undertake the facilities management role in connection with a number of multi-occupied properties, consisting of central London and West End office buildings, high street retail, industrial and mixed use properties, both in the London area and Nationwide.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the service charge budgets – to be agreed in consultation with the Head of Department and the service charge accounts team.
- To have experience of supervising on-site staff and in the procurement of service contractors to undertake and perform maintenance and contract duties required at the properties under management.
- To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and annual maintenance expenditure.
- To liaise with the accounts team on funding availability together with the managing of expenditure on a monthly basis.
- To assist in streamlining invoices from contractors at all times.
- To approve all invoices within the given authority limits.
- Liaising with tenants on all matters, whether this relates to Landlord’s common areas or specific parts of the tenant’s accommodation.
- To have good experience of interpreting lease clauses, liabilities and obligations.
- Experienced in the setting up of new management instructions, with particular regard to multi-occupied service charge properties, including apportioning service charge liabilities, reviewing and setting service charge budgets.
- A good understanding of property management accounts functions, including credit control, dealing with general tenant service charge queries and enquiries.
- A car driver would be preferable.
Health & Safety
- To ensure the implementation of all necessary health and safety procedures.
- To ensure compliance with Pearl & Coutts’ Health and Safety Policy.
- To assist in special FM related projects from time to time, including major repairs/refurbishments.
- To undertake all other functions that may be required to comply with our procedures and all duties required to perform our contractual obligations.
- To show substantial commercial property management experience across all sectors.
- Preferably IOSH or NEBOSH Certificated.
- Experienced in reading leases and legal documents and interpreting repairing and maintenance responsibilities and liabilities.
- Capable of adopting a very hands on flexible and practical approach to property and Facilities Management.
- Good experience in Property Management computer software, preferably Horizon.
- To show ability to work within a team and to bring value to the team.
- Good communication skills at all levels and able to present the company in a professional manner.
- Experience with the Meridan Health and Safety Database would be preferable or similar systems.
Circa £40k depending on experience.
- Facilities Manager