Concept Construction Consultants was established in 2015 as a multi-disciplinary private practice offering traditional building surveying and project management services primarily within London and the home counties.
We work with an established and reputable property investment business, as retained consultants responsible for providing professional services as well as delivering refurbishment and redevelopment schemes across their large and diverse property portfolio.
Our instructions mainly comprise work on occupied or vacant commercial and residential buildings of varying age and construction types.
The role is mainly office based with the following primary responsibilities:
- Preparing specifications and schedules of work, including the use of NBS software, and take through tender stage and reporting thereon
- Running refurbishment and redevelopment projects in the capacity as Contract Administrator
- Inspecting and preparing schedules of dilapidations (mainly acting on behalf of Landlords) and agreeing settlement of claims
- Undertaking building pathology inspections and reports
- Undertaking inspections for licences for alterations and reporting thereon
- Undertaking inspections and preparing planned maintenance reports and capital expenditure plans
- Undertaking inspections and preparing schedules of condition
- Accepting appointments under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 and resolving disputes between owners or their appointed surveyors
- Must have thorough working knowledge of computer systems including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and NBS
- Confident and demonstrates excellent client facing skills
- Ability to effectively manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Would be desirable to have working knowledge of MS Project and AutoCAD;
- Able to travel around London and the home counties with some national travel occasionally required for certain instructions.
Apply for this position