Facilities Management Role – Islington Office.
Pearl & Coutts is part of the Structadene Group – a private investment company with over 1,300 properties under in-house management.
This position is to be part of that in-house property management team, currently consisting of 20 people – all based at our 9 White Lion Street, Islington head office.
- To deliver an appropriate property and facilities service to Pearl & Coutts and their tenants and customers in accordance with best industry practice, the contract terms and statutory requirements.
- To manage on-site building managers and staff in the delivery of the facilities management service.
- To work as part of the Commercial Property Management team, working alongside both the accounting, letting team and legal team members.
- To attend client, contractor and tenants meetings in connection with all aspects of the day to day property management role
Day to Day Duties
- To undertake the facilities management role in connection with a number of multi-occupied and single occupancy properties, in our portfolio. This consists of offices, high street retail, industrial and mixed use properties.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the service charge budgets – to be agreed in consultation with the Head of Department and the service charge accounts team.
- To have experience of supervising on-site staff and in the procurement of service contractors to undertake and perform maintenance and contract duties required at the properties under management.
- To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and annual maintenance expenditure.
- To liaise with the accounts team on funding availability together with the managing of expenditure on a monthly basis.
- To assist in streamlining invoices from contractors at all times.
- To approve all invoices within the given authority limits.
- Liaising with tenants on all matters, whether this relates to Landlord’s common areas or specific parts of the tenant’s accommodation.
To have good experience of interpreting lease clauses, liabilities and obligations.
Experienced in the setting up of new management instructions, with particular regard to multi-occupied service charge properties, including apportioning service charge liabilities, reviewing and setting service charge budgets.
A good understanding of property management accounts functions, including credit control, dealing with general tenant service charge queries and enquiries.
A car driver is essential.
Health & Safety
- To ensure the implementation of all necessary health and safety procedures.
- To ensure compliance with Pearl & Coutts’ Health and Safety Policy.
- To assist in special FM related projects from time to time, including major repairs/refurbishments.
- To undertake all other functions that may be required to comply with our procedures and all duties required to perform our contractual obligations.
To show substantial commercial property management experience across all sectors.
Preferably IOSH or NEBOSH Certificated.
Experienced in reading leases and legal documents and interpreting repairing and maintenance responsibilities and liabilities.
Capable of adopting a very hands on flexible and practical approach to property and Facilities Management.
Good experience in Property Management computer software, preferably Horizon.
To show ability to work within a team and to bring value to the team.
Good communication skills at all levels and able to present the company in a professional manner.
Experience with the Meridan Health and Safety Database would be preferable or similar systems.
Circa £45k depending on experience
Death in Service Insurance equating to 4 x Annual Salary
Private Health cover after a qualifying period.
25 Days Annual Leave.
Apply for this position