The Structadene Group is an established, friendly and successful private London based property investment and development company, owning and managing a substantial commercial and residential portfolio - in excess of 1100 commercial properties - with a presence in central London and selected regions throughout the UK.
This unique and exciting opportunity, heads up a team of Service Charge Accountants, working within the Commercial Property Management Department.
The main duties include - these duties are not exhaustive:-
Preparation and Authorisation (work prepared by members of the team) of all service charge matters on a large mixed use portfolio (Commercial and long leasehold residential).
- In conjunction with the Property Managers, prepare year end reconciliations, service charge budgets, vacations, sales, take on properties, utility recharging etc.
- Providing service charge information and budgets to the asset managers, landlord and tenant team and Commercial Lettings departments when required.
Managing Service Charge Team
- This includes training, performance appraisals, performance issues when they arise, responsibility for all service charge work and department deadlines, allocation of work, team meetings etc.
- Allocating each service charge accountant their own portfolio increasing accountability and performance.
Complex Queries and Legal Matters
- Checking and approving service charge clauses in new and renewal leases.
- Dealing with all complex and legal service charge disputes that have escalated from the service charge accountant to manager.
- Assisting in the recovery of service charge debt that has arisen as a result of a tenant query.
Property Management System [Horizon].
- Responsible for continuous improvement to maximise use of the system to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Full use of system to fully reconcile the year end service charge accounts.
- Continuous monitoring of the company Dashboard, with regards to service charge related items and updating the system, when required.
Preparing Cash Flow Forecasts for Major Service Charge Projects including full communication with the tenants including meetings
- Full Analysis of major work projects including forecasting the recoverable amount for the Landlord taking into account the occupational lease agreements.
Preparing service charge
- information relevant for bank re-financing
Preparing service charge accounts and budgets using MRI Qube Horizon.
- Accounts to be fully reconciled using the system, rather than predominantly, manually on excel.
Key Competencies include:-
Excellent Knowledge of Service Charges -
- Preparation of year end accounts, budgets, vacation accounts, tenant queries, leases.
- Thorough understanding of RICS commercial service charge code and legislation around long leaseholders (Landlord & Tenant Act)
- General overview of systems.
- Extensive experience using the Expense Recovery section.
- Able to lead and manage a small team.
Apply for this position